DidMed™ - Did I Take My Medication?
After doing market rearch for existing products, thinking for a better alternative and a couple of iterations of design I came up with a very simple solution and it can be created at home with commonly available household items. The solution is designed to meet the following requirements
- should be effortless by being an integral part of taking the pill
- should be easy to follow so that the barrier to adoption is minimal
- should be easy for all age groups that can take their own medication
- should be inexpensive
- should retain the pills in their packaged bottles
- should not mix different tablets together
- should work for taking the pill multiple times a day
Welcome to DidMed™ (Did I take my medication?)
DidMed™DidMed™ consists of a uniquely designed label that contains the days (7) or dates (31) and a slit band above them. The slit band contains a marker that can be freely moved along the band and positioned above any of the dates. This label can be pasted on to an existing pill bottle. Once it is pasted, whenever the medication is taken, slide the marker to that day/date. That's it! It's that simple.
Here are a few tips
- After reaching the last day/date, simply move the marker to the beginning.
- The DidMed Day Label is better for smaller bottles and the DidMed Date Label is better for the bigger bottles
- Some medication has to be taken multiple times a day. In that case, simply paste as many labels as the number of times the medication has to be taken each day. The label order from bottom to top can indicate morning to evening.
- How to create DidMed™ Labels? (can be a good science DIY project for your kids)
- Alternate Solutions
More Healthcare Tips